Slot tournaments add an exciting competitive edge to the online games casino. Joining a tournament is easy, and you can win potentially massive prizes.
What are Slot Tournaments?
Slot tournaments are events hosted by casinos where gamers go head-to-head on slot games to win cash or a prize.
The concept may sound complex, but it is simple. To join, you attend a casino’s slot tournament in advance. You will be given a slot machine number, a specified amount of credits, and a time to play. You will compete against other gamers and must have the most winnings by the end of the specified time to be the winner.
Slot tournaments are available in both land-based and online casinos. While everyone will play the same game in one tournament, the games will vary every time. With some research, you can find a slot tournament that is most suitable to you, including video slot, classic, or progressive slot tournaments.
Types of Slots Tournaments
Regardless of their specific features and conditions, all online slot tournaments fall under two categories:
- Freeroll Tournaments
- Buy-in Tournaments
The Freeroll provides free access to the tournament, while the buy-in means you must pay an entry fee to participate in a particular event.
Buying a ticket doesn’t have any advantage; however, as a rule, buy-in tournaments are more rewarding. On the other hand, casinos usually organize freerolls to offer more value to their customer or as a thank you to their loyal patrons.
Other Types of Slot Tournaments
The world of contests for avid slot gamers is quite diverse, and it is common to run into a one-of-its-kind tournament you have never seen before. However, the majority of slot tournaments by online casinos fall under one of the types below.
- Scheduled Tournaments: Scheduled competitions are the most common type. They have a pre-set time and can last a few hours or go on for weeks.
- Sit-and-go Tournaments: if you love playing with a smaller number of opponents and don’t want to spend too much time on the game, this is the most excellent choice. The prize pool is generally lower than in scheduled tournaments, but the competition lasts shorter. Sometimes you will be playing only for a few minutes.
- Survival Tournaments: this is the best choice for highly competitive slot players. Survival tournaments include a small number of rounds, with every round cutting off the worst-ranked gamers from the competition. To be declared a winner, you must make it to the last round and cant rebuy your way in when you lose.
How to Win Slot Tournaments
Although slots are a game of chance, there are certain tactics that you can apply to improve your odds of winning a tournament. Here are some tips:
- Bet Maximum: when playing slot tournaments, always aim for maximum bets to get a chance at some big win combinations. The more you win with your available credits, the better you rank. Also, try to play with all paylines.
- Avoid Small Wins: naturally, every small win you get on a slot machine means more bankroll to play with. However, going for small wins will not help you rank high in tournaments.
- The More Rounds, the Better: when it comes to tournaments, take a look, the more spins you can get during a competition time frame, the higher the chances of landing a big win.
You can use all the information you have learned from this page when signing up for a slot tournament.